Sunday, July 17, 2011

Palak Paneer

I am catching up again with my cooking marathon after my India visit. Last weekend I made 6 dishes for us and 2 for DD. I have to share this, my DH is now home and taking a break b4 starting on a new project. He is taking care of DD & Dishwasher loading J. When I go home I don't have much work apart from feeding her & packing lunch. I feel soooooo relaxed now. Piravi palanai adaintha mathiri irukku, athai naan konjam maathi, Kalyana panna palanai adiatha mathiru irukku yenakku.. avlo santhoshama irukku...             

Here I go with my list of dishes I made this weekend  
Sweet Potato Vatha Kuzhambhu                     
Mango, Kale & Zucchini Dhal               
Purple Cabbage Curry              
Cauliflower Poriyal                   
Tomato Subzi              
Palak Paneer                
DD's Veggie curry                   
DD's Poori Kizhangu                
                       
So this whole week I din't cook, happily I enjoyed watching my missed out serialsJ.                       
I'll share the Palak Paneer Recipe                    
                       
Ingredients:                
Paneer -------------------> 500 gms, diced into small cubes
Onion ---------------------> 1 cup Chopped fine
Tomato -------------------> 1 cup chopped fine
Chilli powder -------------> 2 tsp
Corriander Powder ------> 3 tsp
Turmeric -----------------> 1 tsp
Salt -----------------------> A2Y taste                       
                       
To Grind                      
Spinach * ----------------> 1 box, I used Earth bound Organic from Costco
Green Chillies ------------> 2
Ginger --------------------> ½ inch
Garlic- --------------------> 4 cloves
* Wash & Cook the Spinach in a pan with Garlic & Salt            

Seasoning                   
Mustard seeds -----------> 1 tsp
Jeera ---------------------> 2 tsp

Procedure                   
v  Shallow fry the Paneer cubes until lightly browned stirring occasionally, add them to the Water with Salt, Chilli Powder. Marinate them for at least 1/2 hour but it is optional            
v  In a Sauce Pan, do the seasoning with 5 tsp oil                      
v  Add Ginger Garlic Paste, Onions, Tomato, Green Chillies and fry until the oil comes out.
v  Make a fine paste with the items in "To Grind" Section. Add water if needed             
v  In a pan do the seasoning; add Onions, Tomatoes and fry for few minutes               
v  Add Chilli powder, Corriander Powder              
v  Add the Spinach paste and water necessary.             
v  Once it starts boiling then add fried cheese cubes                 
v  Close it with the lid; leave it in medium                      
v  Ready to serve with Chappati.             
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment