Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Onion Chutney

                
My DD comes back from her school at 3:30, and I have to be home by then. So I changed my work schedule to 5:00 AM - 3:30 PM. After coming home I'll do the easiest recipes I can make, so that I can spend some time with her. Yesterday I was planning to make chutney for dosa but not the ususal Onion Chutney which involves frying of Onions & Tomatoes.
Instead I made raw onion chutney in 5 minutes.                               
                               

Ingredients:                      
Onion---------------------> 1 cut into big chunks
Tomato-------------------> 1 cut into halves
Green Chilli--------------> 2
Red Chilli-----------------> 3
Tamarind-----------------> 1 inch
Cilantro-------------------> As desired(Optional)
Seasoning:                         
Mustard Seeds ---------> 1 tsp   
Urad dhal-----------------> ½ tsp 
Onion--------------------->  ¼  cup , Finely chopped

Procedure:
·         Grind everything in a mixie/Food processor, water is not necessary                        
·         Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, urad dhal and allow it to splutter.(I used the dosa pan itself and continued making dosas)                  
·         Now stir fry the onions in the same pan for couple of minutes.                 
      ·        Pour the seasoning over the Chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment