Saturday, November 20, 2010

Paneer Masala

My DH is a great fan of North Indian dishes, though we are from core South. He preferred Naan & Paneer gravy for dinner and its been more than a week since I promised him that I'll make.. I can't postpone anymore.. So I am getting ready to prepare Paneer Masala. I am not that great when it comes to North style dishes.. But still I tried. 

Ingredients:

Paneer ------------------>500 gms cut into cubes
Onion--------------------->1.5 cups, diced
Tomato------------------->3
Capsicum----------------->2 cups cubed(Mixed colors)
Green Chillies------------>3 Slitted
Chilli Powder------------>1 tsp
Dhania Powder--------->1 tsp
Turmeric----------------->1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste---->1 tsp
Salt------------------------>As desired
Garam Masala---------->1/2 tsp
Cilantro------------------>1/4 cup chopped
Mustard Seeds--------->1.5 tsp
Jeera --------------------->1 tsp
Yogurt Mix                         
Yogurt---------------------->1/2 cup
Black Pepper Powder--->1 tsp
Chilli Powder-------------->1 tsp
Salt-------------------------->As needed

Method:
  • Shallow fry the Paneer cubes until lightly browned stirring occasionally , add them to the Yogurt Mix and Marinate them for at least 1/2 hour                              
  • In the same pan, heat oil ,fry onions and Tomatoes. Grind it to a paste.                 
  • Now add oil in the pan, followed by Mustard seeds, Jeera. Let it crackle.                              
  • Then add Ginger Garlic paste, Turmeric, Green Chillies, add Capsicum , fry for few minutes                         
  • Add the Onion - Tomato paste, chilli powder, Dhania Powder, Salt. Cook till oil comes out                            
  • Add water if needed and simmer for 10 minutes.                            
  • Finally add the marinated Yogurt Mix and Garam Masala. When the bubbles starts coming up, switch off the stove, else the yogurt will curdle.                           
  • Garnish with Cilantro                     
  • Serve with Chappati, Naan or Rice
It came out so tasty, even my DD liked it. My DH also enjoyed it with Naan and I had it with Rice, because I don't like Naan :-(

1 comment:

  1. Hi Priya,
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful easy recipe.yesterday i made chappati with paneer Masala,I was so good.

    ReplyDelete